CONSULTANCY TO DEVELOP A STRATEGIC PLAN FOR THE EASTERN AFRICA CHILD RIGHTS NETWORK (EACRN)
Terms of Reference
You can download the document here
- About EACRN
The Eastern Africa Child Rights Network of Civil Society Organizations (EACRN) was established in March 2014 to coordinate efforts by civil society organizations in Eastern Africa in advocating for children’s rights. Presently, the network’s membership constitutes of child-focused national CSOs coalitions from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Somaliland, South Sudan, Sudan and Madagascar. The network’s mandate is to implement programmes that are focused on the realization of Children rights as contained in the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACRWC) and the United Nations Convention on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (UNCRC). The network seeks to achieve these through capacity building of national CSOs coalitions and information sharing among network members. The network also endeavors to engage with bodies such as Regional Economic Communities (RECs) in the promotion of the child rights agenda.
The overall objective of this consultancy is to develop a five-year Strategic Plan and the Organizational policies to ensure that EACRN fulfils its mandate.
- Scope of Work
The scope of work for the Consultant will include but not be limited to:
- Produce a project inception report outlining details of activities indicating delivery dates and a range of methodologies to be used in accomplishing the task.
- Orient staff members on strategic planning, its purpose and their role.
- To facilitate a participatory process of reviewing EACRNs vision, mission, core values and goals/objectives based on EACRN mandate;
- Undertake stakeholder mapping and analysis;
- To conduct situational analysis focusing on EACRNs internal and external environment;
- Undertake a situation analysis of EACRN operations to date;
- Through a consultative process and application of appropriate tools of analysis, identify focus areas and develop strategic objectives and key result areas for the same;
- Review the institutional capacity, organizational set-up, financial and administrative systems against EACRN mandate and the identified strategic objectives, opportunities and key result areas; and make recommendations, if any;
- Propose a strategy for achieving the strategic objectives and key results;
- Develop a Results and Resources Framework for the plan period;
- Hold stakeholder meeting(s) to validate the draft Strategic Plan;
- Finalize Strategic plan and submit to EACRN
- Develop key organizational policies
- Finance policy
- Human Resource Policy
- Board Manual
- Communication policy/ Strategy
- Advocacy strategy
- Monitoring and Evaluation Policy
- Procurement Policy
- An inception report on the assignment, including an activity schedule, and methodology on how to achieve the set specific tasks
- Development of first draft of the strategic plan (2022-2027) with inputs from stakeholders for discussion and validation
- Costed strategy with year one operational plan
- Finalized Organizational Polices
- A five-year strategic plan including a results, implementation and resources framework
- Report on the process including stakeholder consultations and workshops
- Time Span
This assignment is expected to be carried out for a period of 30 working-days
- Institutional Arrangements
The Consultant will report directly to the EACRN Secretariat. EACRN will provide relevant background documents necessary for the assignment and shall be responsible for the coordination of meetings and other activities under the Consultancy.
- a) Academic Qualifications
At least a master’s degree in a relevant field in the area of planning, public policy, development studies, or social sciences
- b) Experience
- Extensive experience and knowledge of organizational development.
- A Masters/PHD degree in a relevant discipline e.g. planning, organizational development, strategic leadership or related field
- Extensive proven professional experience in strategic planning and management and/or organisational development.
- Demonstrated experience in working with stakeholders in the NGO sector or with human rights programs.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and synthesise information from a number of sources
- Ability to manage multiple, complex tasks being undertaken concurrently.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Be a self-motivated, creative, strategic thinker with substantive senior level experience in working on human rights issues with a bias to Child Rights.
- Have experience in leading and facilitating participatory processes.
- Have skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills.
- Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity.
- Provide evidence of having undertaken similar assignments.
- Assessment criteria
The criteria for assessing the proposals shall include:
- Qualifications of the applicant;
- Understanding of the assignment;
- Depth of experience as judged by past assignments
- Proposed quality assurance measures;
- Realistic financial proposal
- Submission of Interest
Interested Consultants/companies/firms should submit an expression of interest that will include-
- Company profile/Individual CV
- A proposal (expressing interest including a detailed work plan)
- A detailed quotation
The expression of interest should be submitted to email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the appearance of interest should be marked “DEVELOPMENT OF THE EACRN STRATEGIC PLAN”. Deadline for submission shall be Wednesday 23rd June 2021 at 5.00 p.m (EAT).TOR – STRATEGIC PLAN CONSULTANT FOR EACRN
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com